A.B.Vajpayee: The Swearing-in Chart (1998)
The Vajpayee Government was sworn in on Thursday March 19, 1998 at 9:32’: 33’’ AM IST at New Delhi . The Muhurat for the swearing in seems to have been chosen very well, as it is a quadrant from both the Lagna and Dasamsa Lagna. In fact, it is the same sign as occupied by the seventh lord Venus in the Dasamsa Chart and the Pratyantar dasa of Sri Vajpayee was that of Venus at that time.
The ascendant lord in the ninth house shows that the Government will be establishing Dharma (ethical methods of working). Let us examine the longevity of the Chart as per canons on this subject – Method of Three Pairs.
- Lagna Lord + 8th Lord = Venus (Movable) + Mercury (Dual) = Short life
- Lagna + Hora Lagna = Taurus (Fixed) + Gemini (Dual) = Long life
- Moon + Saturn = Scorpio (Fixed) + Pisces (Dual) = Long life
Thus, the two sutras indicating long life shall dominate. Further, if the Moon is in the first or the seventh house, the longevity shall be determined by the Moon & Saturn pair to show long life. The Atmakaraka is Saturn and it is not placed in the 1st, 3rd, 7th or 9th house and Vipareeta Ayur yoga is not applicable to the chart. The Maximum longevity of the Lok Sabha is 5 years and each Shoola Dasa shall be for a period of 5 months. The Shoola dasa will begin from Scorpio in the seventh house, as it is stronger than the ascendant. The Purna Ayur Khand is from the ninth Shoola dasa of Cancer to the twelfth Shoola Dasa of Libra (i.e. 40 months to 60 Months longevity). Based on the above, we may predict the following: –
- The longevity of the present government is between 40 months to 60 months from the date of swearing in.
- The first Shoola dasa of Scorpio between 19 March 1998 to 19 August 1998 has Rudra Yoga due to the presence of the Moon and the aspect of Venus. Thus Apamrityu bhaya (fear of premature end of the Government) shall be caused by the Moon (the Moon in debility indicates a powerful Lady – Smt Jayalalitha!). However, the Government shall survive for the period indicated by the Ayur yoga. The Moon also indicates natural disasters in the northwestern direction (From Ujjain) ruled by it. The storm in Gujarat is also an astrological pointer.
- The third Shoola dasa of Capricorn between 19 January 1999 to 19 June 1999 shall again cause Apamrityu Bhaya (fear of premature end of Government) due to the presence of Venus in Capricorn and the aspect of the Moon on it. Since Venus is in Capricorn, it shows a very bold and upright lady who always champions the cause of the poor. Since Rahu also aspects the Shoola dasa sign, the fear will be much more than the preceding period and there shall be allegations of a breach of trust or some other such calamity. However, as indicated by the Ayur yoga, by the blessings of Sri Sankara, the Vrishabha Lagna will continue to survive. Maha Rudrabhishek is advised before the commencement of this period. Venus indicates troubles in the southeastern direction and such parts of India.
- In the Ayur Khand (Cancer to Libra), Cancer and Libra are aspected by Jupiter and are unlikely to cause the end. Virgo is aspected by the Atmakaraka and is also unlikely to cause death. Leo with Rahu in it is the most likely sign and the longevity of the Government is expected till the tenth Shoola dasa (45 to 50 months or 19 December 2001 to 19 May 2002).
- The Mrityupada (Arudha Pada of the 8th house) is in Aquarius and the solar ingress in Aquarius between 14 February 2002 to 15 March 2002 is likely to be evil for the swearing –in chart. There are no planets in the fifth house, and its lord is conjoined a host of planets including the Atmakaraka Saturn. Thus the tithi is likely to be Saptami or Purnima and the likely Ascendant could be an earthy sign or Pisces.
NATAL CHART & SWEARING-IN CHART
The antardasa of Rahu in the dasa of Jupiter in the natal chart of Sri Vajpayee is between 25 June 1998 to 18 November 2000. Rahu in the eighth house from the ascendant and the Atmakaraka are not a good placement as it generates a dustamarana yoga. Rahu is also in exaltation but is very well placed in trines to Jupiter in the fifth house in the Navamsa chart in its own sign. Secondly, this exalted Rahu is in the tenth house from the Arudha Lagna. This will indicate success in all works especially international affairs and will give pilgrimages, divine deeds etc. Rahu placed in the twelfth house in the Dasamsa shows secret enemies who will plot against him and also shows the Hon’ble PM as a God fearing and trusting soul. Thus, while difficulties are indicated, so is success indicated. The security of the PM should be strengthened and he should beware against the plotters. Regular recitation of the Maha Mrutyunjaya Japa is the best remedy.
In any case, the seeming differences between the readings of the Birth Chart and Swearing in chart are can be reconciled based on the teachings in Prasna Marga. ‘If the Prasna chart shows good results while the natal chart shows bad results, attribute the good results to the good karma of the individual in the present birth. Instead, if the Prasna chart shows bad results while the birth chart shows good results, attribute it to the bad karma of the individual in the present birth’. Without the backing of good karma, it is impossible for the individuals to initiate the important works in the Muhurat ordained by the astrologers. Even Sri Ram could not be crowned in the predetermined Muhurat as Bhagawan had taken the human form to wash the curse of Sri Narada. Thus, if in the present context, the Muhurat shows long life for the Government it can only be attributed to the good karma of Sri Vajpayeeji in the present birth.
NARAYANA DASA OF SWEARING-IN CHART
Since the Purna Ayus of the Chart is for 5 years, the Narayana dasa period equivalent for each sign gained by a planet is 15 days instead of 1 year. Thus, the Narayana Dasa of the Swearing-in chart is as follows: –
NARAYANA DASA (Table )
|Dasa||Signs gained by lord||Period in Days||From||To|
|Scorpio||4 (Mars 5-1)||60 = 2 months||19 Mar 1998||19 May 1998|
|Gemini||8 (Merc 10-1-1 Debility)||120 = 4 months||19 May 1998||19 Sept 1998|
|Capricorn||10 (Sat 11-1)||150 = 5 months||19 Sept 1998||19 Feb 1999|
|Leo||5 (Sun 6-1)||75 = 2 ½ months||19 Feb 1999||4 May 1999|
|Pisces||1 (Jup 2-1)||15||4 May 1999||19 May 1999|
|Libra||3 (Ven 4-1)||45 = 1 ½ months||19 May 1999||4 July 1999|
|Taurus||8 (Ven 9-1)||120 = 4 months||4 July 1999||4 Nov 1999|
|Sagittarius||2 (Jup 3-1)||30 = 1 month||4 Nov 1999||4 Dec 1999|
|Cancer||7 (Moon 9-1-1 Debility)||105 = 3 ½ month||4 Dec 1999||19 Mar 2000|
|Aquarius||11 (Sat 12-1)||165 = 5 ½ month||19 Mar 2000||4 Sept 2000|
|Virgo||5 (Merc 7-1-1 Debility)||75 = 2 ½ month||4 Sept 2000||19 Nov 2000|
|Aries||11 (Mars 12-1)||165 = 5 ½ month||19 Nov 2000||4 May 2001|
|Scorpio||8 (12-4 Second cycle)||120 = 4 months||4 May 2001||4 Sept 2001|
|Gemini||4 (12-8 second cycle)||60 = 2 months||4 Sept 2001||4 Nov 2001|
|Capricorn||2 (12-10 second cycle)||30 = 1 month||4 Nov 2001||4 Dec 2001|
|Leo||7 (12-5)||105 = 3 ½ month||4 Dec 2001||19 Mar 2002|
The results of the Narayana Dasa are to be ordained in the same manner as done for other Rasi dasa. Some of the readings of the Narayana dasa (Table 1).
- The dasa of Scorpio shall indicate evils and a lot of anxiety both as an evil sign and due to the simultaneous evil period of Rudra Yoga in the Scorpio Shoola dasa.
- The next dasa of Gemini is very favorable and the Government will get a lot of attention in the USA (Gemini ascendant) and such nations. There will be some focus or rethinking in matters of finance as Gemini is the second house of wealth and its lord is debilitated. Jupiter in the ninth house will bring peace and stability and the Government will be able to steer clear of impossible odds. Rahu in the fourth gives Parakrama Bala and very constructive decisions will be taken about the armed forces. The host of planets in the tenth house promise excellent results in all spheres. Moon in the sixth house indicates that some colleagues/ partners will have ill health. Since Jupiter is aspecting the sign from the tenth house (leaders), the Cabinet will be expanded and some intellectuals and great leaders will find a place in it.
- The next dasa of Capricorn is very fine in the first half, but the second half in early 1999 seems to be very evil. There will be some very threatening moves and destabilizing forces will come into being. Being led by the fair lady, they will cause considerable damage to the reputation and smooth functioning of the Center. Fortunately, Saturn is the Atmakaraka, their subordinates will ditch them in the last minute, and their alliances will fall. The Center will revive its strength gradually. Some senior politicians will lose face due to exposure.
- The next dasa of Leo will see tremendous machinations and politics will take a strange color. As this is the eighth from the Paka Rasi, the health of Government will be damaged. Rahu in the dasa sign threatens losses and sudden shifts in shares etc. There is the danger of being cheated by a foreign nation. Jupiter in the seventh is the saving grace as the Moon in the fourth shows that the partners of the coalition will put up a very brave front. The danger of War or a similar incident in the North of India is not ruled out. (Proved True)
- With the advent of Pisces dasa, peace sets in and there maybe some criticism of the financial decisions. A sudden change in the fortune of the Government and the tide is again in favour of the ruling coalition as more friends are made. Rahu in the sixth and the Moon in the ninth are good placements. Positive decisions are made for the development of Women in India and they will have a higher representation in parliament and other Government institutions.
- The fresh thinking on the Constitution continues during the dasa of Libra. Jupiter in the fifth shows that the Law Ministry will be most active. Rahu in the eleventh and the host of planets in the sixth house are very favorable showing growth and prosperity. Justice is done in a number of cases and the faith of the people increases. This is the beginning of the new phase where socialism and religiosity are defined. Success in all activities and enemies become friends.
- The next dasa of Taurus is a golden phase, as new initiatives will be taken in parliament. The Government has international reputation and the Nation is given a prime place in the United Nations and other international forum. Tremendous gains are indicated. The Ministry and other bodies dealing with land and housing are in a fix. Home affairs will need stricter vigil. Some decisions regarding the discontinuance of state governments come up for criticism that dies down gradually.
- Serious financial problems crop up with the advent of Sagittarius dasa. Being the eighth house, debts increase and loans are taken. Food items maybe imported to meet the domestic demand. Being a short phase, the negative impact will be negligible. The next dasa of Cancer will be equally bad, but some improvement in the food and finance front is likely.
- The next dasa of Aquarius will find the Jupiter bringing excellent reputation and the PM is congratulated by one and all for the excellent performance. Success in all activities. Excellent long term financial decisions. Home affairs are very good. The problem area is welfare. Liberalization of the economy is implemented in the right spirit.
- The next dasa of Virgo sees the Government shying away from any battle and being in the defensive in many areas. Positive decisions about the insurance and trade are made, but they may have to be changed after further deliberations.
- The dasa of Aries is evil throughout and the effects of Mars will be felt strongly. The Moon starts some strong moves that may compel the Center to take some quick decisions. Smt Jayalalitha may have some minor health problems, but she recovers quickly. The planetary positions are not good and many problems are indicated.
- The problems of Aries dasa spill over into the next phase of Scorpio dasa and the temporary solution is found with the advent of Gemini dasa. However, the problems starting in the Capricorn dasa will ultimately result in fresh elections in the Leo dasa. These are the general readings of the Swearing in chart on the basis of Narayana dasa. Greater details can be had if the transits are also considered for the beginning of each dasa. The moot point is that some astrological press reports had given a very short lease of life to the Government. In fact one even went to the extent of declaring that the Government would last for about 2-3 months! It is evident from the above that the Government is likely to survive for about 4 years.
Readers will see my optimism in the lines above and I had expected that the Vajpayee Government would cross the first two dangers and would stay till 2002. However, my optimism was proved incorrect and the Government fell in the most dangerous period (19 Jan 1999 to 19 June 1999). This dangerous period had been fore-warned and in spite of good advise, the ill fated event happened. The Narayana dasa are also indicated below and it happened in the Narayana Dasa of Rahu in Leo. Unfortunately, my warning went unheeded.
Readers will see the accuracy with which the other events had been predicted using NARAYANA DASA like: